Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sleepless Nights the return.

So here I am again awake at an ungodly hour of the morning. I've been sitting here thinking and trying to let my mind wander until i do finally "fall" into the blissful blackness that is unconsciousness. Kinda funny because last night I fell asleep rather early in the evening. No real profound thoughts here tonight,sadly. I suppose everyone suffers a little insomnia from time to time I just get to have it several times a month. I know how I can save this rambling post, a question! I notice that many people rather enjoy an interactive blog where their comments will matter,and where their minds get to act on solving a problem. So here's your query for the day...

If you were only allowed to ask 1 question of a person to gain as much knowledge as you could from them what would you ask,and what is the reason behind the question.

4 comments:

  1. i would put them in a room...with a table...and a light... walk around them for 10 minutes, filling the room up with cigarette smoke. then when they least expect it...turn and yell..

    "WHERE WERE YOU ON THE NIGHT OF THE 13TH!?!?!?!!!!"

    just cause it would be badass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have to ask, "How do you see yourself?" But not the way you want to be. Like the people who say they see themselves as artists, even though they really aren't. Or even if they are, that's not what I would want to know. "How do you see yourself in the scheme of things? How do you see yourself up against the world? How do you feel? What do you see? How do you see yourself at this exact moment in your life? How do you feel about yourself?" That's what I would mean when I ask "How do you see yourself?"

    Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything counts Kaely that's kinda the point. Everything you say, do, think, feel. It's all relevant,and it all shapes who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might ask them to give me their best, well-thought-out argument for an opinion, whether it be political or social or whatever have you. You asked what question I would use to gain as much knowledge as I could, and I think that question might teach me more than just about anything.

    No, actually, I've change my mind. I would ask them to talk about a topic that they're passionate about, that they've researched and spent a lot of time on just because they love it. People opinions are easily shared, but they often hold back more about their real passions because they think others may not be as interested or that it won't spark an interesting enough conversation (whereas opinions usually start debates). People have a real chance to learn about things when they talk with someone about their passions.

    ReplyDelete